Thursday, July 7, 2011

Catching up

So I mentioned in my last post that I would update throughout the weekend, but I didn't really find much time to do a full post, but I did update each day on that same post by checking off if we did what we had plans for. That has to count for something, right?

Friday (the day Matt got off work), we just had a normal lazy day around the house. We ate pizza, I watched t.v., he played his video games.

Saturday, we were supposed to go rock climbing, but the day wasn't working out for us. We turned the car around and came home. I played around on the computer, watched t.v., took a walk, and he played his video games. Later that evening, he had his FIRST guys night and went out with some of his guy friends to the casino, while I stayed home. One of the guy's wife came over and we kept each other company. This was a first for the both of us because our guys never had guys night and we never had a girls night before, so we definitely weren't use to that feeling. Next thing I know, Matt sent me a text with him holding cash of $2500. Early in the morning or late in the night..however you want to put it, our guys finally came home.

Sunday, Matt and I didn't end up going to Soak City. It was a late start on getting up in the morning. Instead, we hung out around the house. I cleaned up and picked up a little bit, Matt played some video games, I watched some t.v. and played a game. Our NEW neighbors had invited us over to hang out with them since they were having a get-together, but we had declined because we already made plans to go out to dinner and then go shopping for a new camera, a DSLR to be exact!
New DSLR Nikon3000 camera with accessories we purchased to go with it. And today we just realized that buying a DSLR was on our list that we made back in February; which, you can view here

Monday, We went to the beach bash on base around 12ish and stayed until 4:30 P.M.  It was really hot outside and so many people. We got in the water for a little while and laid out for some, walked around, and then called it a day to go back home so we could shower and eat. Later on when it got closer to the fireworks, Matt and I, along with 2 of our friends came with us to go see the fireworks and hung out.  The fireworks were lame. It was kind of a disappointment. I was expecting better, but maybe next year Matt and I will find a different place. Once we left the beach, we came home to have a bonfire with a few friends.

Tuesday, Matt and I got another late start (oops for having the phone on silent and missing alarms!) Matt and I, along with 2 friends (again) went to a water park called Soak City. We were there for about 4 hours or so. It definitely was enough time to try everything at that water park. It was nothing that we were expecting. Matt and I agree that wet n wild is way better and Disney's water parks are better too. We did have a good time and it was enjoyable, but would we ever go there again or recommend it to anyone? No, probably not. But you never know until you actually experience it yourself; and so we did.

Now, today, Matt is back at work and I am going to get this house back in order for taking the weekend off. Overall, our weekend started out rough but turned out great. I am happy I was able to spend Fourth of July (my favorite holiday) with my husband for the first time in 4 years.
I am a little disappointed that I didn't take many photos, but I still will have those memories in my head and that's the important thing, right?

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and Fourth Of July! I may upload a few other pictures to another blog at a later date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment