Although, my recipe isn't exactly like hers because I tweaked a few things, I still wanted to give credit to her.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35
Serving Size: 6 (not going up for seconds)
- 1 package of Johnsonville Italian HOT ground sausage
- 1 box of Mostacholi noodles
- 1 package of 1 lb. Mozzarella cheese (the first time I made this, I used 1 lb. and 20 oz. of cheese and it was good, but really cheesy. So it's up to you.)
- 2 cans of sauce (I can't remember.. but I think they are 20 oz. cans. You can use either regular or spicy sauce)
- Ricotta cheese (optional)
If your meat is brown before the noodles are finished, just keep them in the skillet.
You can start to preheat the oven to 350* that way it's hot by the time the Mostacholi goes into the oven.
Once the noodles are finished, go ahead and drain the water. Place the noodles back inside the pot you were using.
Add the sauce and mix it together. You don't need to use all the sauce if you feel like it is saucy. You can add as much or little as you feel. I just usually use around 1.5 - 2 cans each time. After the sauce is in there, if you like Ricotta cheese, you can add a couple spoons of that in. If not, it's not a huge deal.
Everything is now mixed in together. Grab an 11x9 or 13x9 dish, or if you want to make 2 separate ones to split it up, that is fine too. Put a layer of the noodle mixture on the bottom of the dish; covering the entire bottom.