Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pasta Salad But Hold The Lettuce

Want a delicious pasta salad to take to a party, a family reunion, a get-together, or maybe just to make for a lunch or dinner? Well, this pasta salad is just that. Here comes the part where you might be surprised.... I learned this recipe from my husband, but then added my own twist to it. In his words, "You blew my pasta salad out of the water. You one-uped me." I wasn't trying, it just ended up that way.

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes
Cooling Time: 2.5 - 3 hours (it's even way better the second day!)
Serving Size: 5 - 6 with no "seconds"
  • 2 cans of tuna
  • 1 box of Penne pasta
  • Pepper
  • Mayo
  • Tomato
  • Green pepper
  • Red pepper
  • Onion

Start getting the water to a boil. During this time, begin to chop up some onion, green pepper, red pepper, and tomato. You can add as much or little as you like. If you like black olives or anything else, you can put that in but we are not olive fans.
Make sure to chop them into small peices. At this time put the noodles into the boiling water and boil for 11 minutes or as long as the box says. Whenever the noodles are finished, immediately drain from the pot and then rinse under cold water. Keep repeating that process by rinsing under cold water, draining, rinsing under cold water, draining.. etc. The noodles need to be cold so it doesn't continue to "cook".
 I believe I did this about 2-3 times before my noodles were cold.
Draining out the cold water for the final time.
Put your pasta into a large bowl, then add your drained tuna into the bowl. But, before adding the tuna in with the noodles, pull it apart with your hands so it's shredded rather than in chunks. And besides, who doesn't want to have their hands smelling like tuna fish for awhile? (sarcastic humor added in.)
Notice that I changed up my bowl? Yea.. I ran out of room in the large glass bowl, so I had to settle for a  large tupperware.
So as you can see from the picture above, the obvious next step is to add in all your other ingredients which include: pepper, green pepper, red pepper, onion, tomato, and mayo (do not add too much mayo! just gage it). Mix it all up is the last step.
And then enjoy!

In other news, We are alive still! Sorry for the delay of posts, but to be honest, nothing has been TOO exciting over here in the Lacey Household. Although, I should be working on a craft project tomorrow and possibly a new dessert - so maybe stay tuned for that post. 

I bought my plane ticket to go home for a family reunion/memorial. I will be gone for about a week. Unfortunately, the husband cannot come with me due to a huge inspection coming up at his work (that means he will be working longgg hours) I'm kind of sad about it and also nervous about living our home in his hands. I think I now understand how he feels everytime he has to leave me and our house due to work.

Have you ever felt that way when you had to go visit someplace for more than a few days and leave the house with your significant other (and maybe kids)

No comments:

Post a Comment