Friday, May 20, 2011

Con-Graduation Day

Like how I mixed congratulations and graduation into one word? I know, clever. This afternoon was my "graduation" at the facility site where I've been training at for the past 6 weeks, 3 days a week. I feel like I do have an idea of what it's going to be like when I get a job and that I will hopefully have enough information to help my patients or residents to the highest quality.
waiting for graduation to start and families to arrive.
Reading a Nursing poem. Standing up to receive certification of completion and hugging instructor.
Half of our class (other half was at a different facility.

Looking back, 8 weeks went by fairly quick and I am happy that I made this decision to become a CNA. So far, I have enjoyed working with all some of the residents. I like that I am able to help others who need the help and the fact that this job requires a lot of talking on the job, ha ha.
Suzie and I. Matt and I. Karin, Suzie, and I after graduation.

Cake. Food. Suzie cutting the cake.

I decided already that I do NOT want to be a CNA forever. I rather become an LVN; which, can take up to 2 years. Heck, who knows.. I might even decide to be an RN but only time will tell for that one since the husband and I have decided maybe sometime in the year 2012 we will want to start a family, so if I cannot become an RN right away (which currently there is not a high demand for RN's as they are for CNA and LVN due to the economy) then it's okay, it's still something I can do in the future once the kids are in school. So the answer to #40: If I will make this a career? Yes, I will.

I am finished with CNA nursing school...next: state exam

You can blow up the pictures by clicking on them. It's so much easier to see and the pictures look a lot better!
  • My overall grade for the class was a 96 A. (I received no less than 90 on a test and 100 on quizzes)
  • Final exam I got 101 out of 100 (There were bonus questions.)
  • I got a 25/25 for my oral presentation. The professor let me know that it was the best presentation she has seen in a long time and she thoroughly enjoyed it and learned a lot.
  • My evaluation for Clinical was all satisfactory and I have nothing to improve on, just to continue doing what I am doing. My instructor feels I can go all the way and make a difference in people.

Countdown to State Exam: 1 week 1 day.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Hugh accomplishment and you were worries in the beginning. After graduating with “A” average from High School, College AA degree & CNA, I hope now you realize how smart you are & what hard work will accomplish. I am very very proud & happy for you. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete