Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Shopping Spree

Over the weekend Matt and I went to the mall. We got him a new pair of dress shoes, then the rest was all me. We are trying to re-do my wardrobe because I dress like a "high school-er" as Matt would like to say. When he first said that to me I was trying to defend myself. But c'mon, I do! I really don't have adult-like-clothing, if that makes any sense? So I'm trying to get more into Express and New York & Company, etc.. Matt buys all his clothing at Express, so I have been in that store before but never did I EVER look in the women's section.... until Saturday. I really adore the clothing at Express. It fits great, looks even better and the best part about it all? I actually feel like I'm my age. So, we walked out with a purchase. Also, thank you to my wonderful parents - I had a gift card to American Eagle, so I bought a cute blouse and khaki shorts (they don't look high school-er either!) If I didn't have a gift card, I don't think Matt would have allowed me to shop in that store anymore Ha Ha.
Check out our new shoes
Got to love Payless BOGO 1/2 off! 
Since he got a new pair of black dress shoes, we said goodbye to his other old dress shoes as we I tossed them in the trash. I got some adorable slip on shoes. I just need to walk around in them more because it was rubbing the back of my heel the wrong way.


Sunday morning, we went to get Matt's haircut. We were feeling pretty hungry for breakfast, so we came across a place that was down the street, called "The Breakfast Club Diner." I was skeptical of the place because it looked pretty quiet and not busy from the outside, (plus, it had one of those blinking open sign lights) but we decided to give it a try.  Once we walked in, it was actually really busy. Almost every table was taken. We had fast, good service - plus our food came out pretty quick and it definitely looked appetizing.
I got the French Toast Combo which included 4 french toast, 2 large eggs, 2 sausage links and some fruit on the side. 
Matt got the Omelet Combo which included 4 eggs in the omelet, a whole bunch of stuff inside, hash browns, toast, and some fruit on the side.

Not only were the prices good, but it was tasty too. So our lesson of the weekend was: You never know how good a place can be until you give it a try... basically, don't judge a restaurant or diner by it's outer appearance.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I couldn't respond to your comment via email, but I wanted to thank you for your comment! I'm almost 100% sure we're stationed at the same place (though I won't say it publicly!) Best of luck with the 10k! We would be there ourselves if we weren't going to be out of state! :)

    p.s. I think there are a ton of Matts in the Marine Corps! Haha! What's up with that!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you can take me on a shopping spree anytime to buy clothes. I probably wouldn't buy anything since I would say "I could make it cheaper." lol It is true though.

    ReplyDelete