Friday, April 5, 2013

Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu & Side

Jeez! I apologize for the lack of writing. I have been so busy since I last wrote. I don't remember when the last time was, but I believe it was our 4th year anniversary when we went skydiving.
In between that time (End of Jan.) and today, I have been working, spending time with the husband and friends, we took a 2 week vacation to Florida and looked at some homes - found one that we just LOVED (and going through the home buying process now), went to Vegas with some friends for a weekend a week after we got back from Florida, and now here I am.

Tonight I made a new dinner meal that I thought I would share. It is not one of my favorites, but it was pretty good. My favorite was the side dish I made. I will DEFINITELY be making that again!

Slow- Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu

Ingredients:
Skinless, boneless, chicken breasts
1 can (10 3/4 oz) of condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup of milk
swiss cheese
deli ham
1 (8 oz) package of herbed dry bread stuffing mix
1/4 cup of butter, melted

Put cream of chicken soup and milk into a small bowl, mix together. Pour cream of chicken soup and milk mixture into slow cooker just enough to where it covers the bottom.

Layer chicken breasts over the sauce on the bottom of the slow cooker. Lay deli ham on top of chicken breast, then swiss cheese.

Pour the remaining soup mixture over the chicken breasts and stir around so it is coated. Sprinkle the stuffing on top, then drizzle the butter on top of the stuffing. Cover. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 hours
Your chicken will come out very moist!
(I didn't use stuffing…maybe because I misread Lol but I used herbed bread crumbs - I would recommend the stuffing over bread crumbs.)


Parmesan-Roasted Green Beans with Crushed Red Pepper

Ingredients:
Fresh Green Beans
Olive Oil
Parmesan Cheese
Pepper
Salt
Crushed Red Pepper


Preheat oven to 400 degress. Cut off ends of the green beans. In a small or medium size mixing bowl (depending on how many green beans you're baking), place green beans in bowl with a small amount of olive oil just enough to coat all the green beans. Add a pinch of salt and pepper for taste. Add in crushed red pepper. Lay the green beans on a baking sheet and sprinkle parmesan cheese over them and then place in the oven for 20 minutes.  

These green beans will be crunchy on the outside but perfectly on the inside! I couldn't get enough of these when I made them.



Oh, I made my famous homemade mashed potatoes too! I have a recipe for those on this blog - access it by clicking on THIS LINK.

2 comments:

  1. It all looks good. No brown sugar? Rachael Ray has nothing over you. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete