Saturday, April 20, 2013

Flower Fields

Today, Matt and I went to the flower fields in Carlsbad. The flower fields is basically what it is - flowers! Over 50 acres of flowers to be exact. Ranunculus and Tecolote Giant Ranunclus are the flowers you see in the fields. They are single or double bloomed, cup shaped, and grow 14- to 24" tall. They have 13 colors and it is organized in rows by their color. The flower fields is opened only from March 1 - May 12.
I have been wanting to go since I first heard about it a few years ago. Now that we are getting ready to move back East, I am trying to go to places that I have not yet seen before we head out of California for good. I don't foresee us taking a visit to San Diego anytime soon or in the future. We may head up to Northern California in our future though.










 You're not supposed to pick any flowers, but Matt picked me a red one!











Off to the do the next adventure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment