Wednesday, December 12, 2012

It's The MOST Wonderful Time Of The Year..

It's the most wonderful time of the year 
There'll be much mistltoeing,
And hearts will be glowing,
When love ones are near,
It's the most wonderful time of the year…..

I seriously love that song. Okay, okay, I love almost every single Christmas song ha, ha. I'm sure I'm driving Matt up the walls by watching Christmas movies every chance I get on T.V. and playing music in the car everywhere I go. So, just to make sure I REALLY made him crazy, I decided to plan a day for us to take Christmas pictures so I can make Christmas cards this year.  This is the first year that we actually took photos of us for Christmas and mailing them out as cards. I am pretty excited! I've wanted to do it since we've been married but the first year we were traveling across country. The second Christmas we were caught up with visiting family and spending it in our first home together and then last year he was deployed. 

I wasn't too sure at first where to take our pictures since we were doing it ourselves but then I decided what would be better than to take a hike to the first trail we went on out in California and where he carved our initials in the tree!  The day we went was perfect weather, with just enough sunlight but not overdoing it. And I, of course, have to thank my husband for putting up with all my ideas and the time we spent taking the pictures. Also, for coming up with some creative ideas as well.

Here are some of our photos from the day, the rest will be on my Facebook page.

 He engraved that 2 years ago on October 30, 2010.




 (There's mistoletoe on the branch he's holding.. it got cut off from the camera a little bit)


 Lol he got me good!



And I got him back!

You can see the colored version of this photo (if you don't have me on Facebook) on the top part of this blog. The only difference is I'm showing teeth on our header and this one I'm not.



Not bad for taking photos by ourselves, huh? I love photography! And I cannot wait to get our Christmas cards in the mail this week so I can mail them out by the weekend.

Next blog post should be about our Christmas decorations.. They've been up since the first of December, but lately these days just run into each other… is it the holidays or what?! 

Countdown to see family: 9 days. I couldn't be anymore excited!

1 comment:

  1. It makes me happy seeing you happy. Why were you both wearing sandals hiking? Love Dad

    ReplyDelete